Besvarat

Ordering a new phone while keeping the current phone number

Hi Hallon,

As my two-year time expires soon, I recently asked one of your customer service employees on how I can order a new phone (for another two-year period) while keeping the old number. The advice I received was to simply buy another phone from your site, and choose one of the subscription packages, as it is not possible to buy a phone without a SIM card. After the phone arrives, I was advised to just cancel the subscription and keep the phone.
Since this is an unusual practice, and I am fearing that I will end up with a phone and two subscriptions, I wonder if this is indeed the way I should go forward with? There is no other way of getting a new phone and keeping my current number?

Best wishes,
Vasilka
icon

Bästa svar av Linnea 13 augusti 2018, 09:59

Hi @Vasilka!

Thank you for posting here at the forum and welcome. We are happy to have you! 😄

I understand that you do not want to end up with dual subscriptions while only using one.

I would like to ensure you that this will not be the case if you follow my co-workers instructions.

The process is as you say a bit complicated, but we are currently working on resolving this issue. As of now – you have to order a subscription along side the phone.

This extra subscription however will not cost you anything since as soon as you receive the phone – the additional subscription can be regretted.

The monthly payment for the phone will be debited along side your old subscription.

When you receive the new phone, all you have to do is move your current SIM-card to the new device and your number is automatically transferred.

To regret the subscription you have to cancel the new subscription and number at Mina sidor, and you can see how to here (there are pictures that you can follow, I apologize about the guide not being available in english for now):

Hur avslutar jag mitt abonnemang hos er?

The payment will be will be refunded within 3-5 days. If you want to, you can also contact our customers service to cancel the new subscription after receiving the new phone.

Have a great monday! 😊
Visa original

2 svar

Användarnivå 6
Emblem +8
Hi @Vasilka!

Thank you for posting here at the forum and welcome. We are happy to have you! 😄

I understand that you do not want to end up with dual subscriptions while only using one.

I would like to ensure you that this will not be the case if you follow my co-workers instructions.

The process is as you say a bit complicated, but we are currently working on resolving this issue. As of now – you have to order a subscription along side the phone.

This extra subscription however will not cost you anything since as soon as you receive the phone – the additional subscription can be regretted.

The monthly payment for the phone will be debited along side your old subscription.

When you receive the new phone, all you have to do is move your current SIM-card to the new device and your number is automatically transferred.

To regret the subscription you have to cancel the new subscription and number at Mina sidor, and you can see how to here (there are pictures that you can follow, I apologize about the guide not being available in english for now):

Hur avslutar jag mitt abonnemang hos er?

The payment will be will be refunded within 3-5 days. If you want to, you can also contact our customers service to cancel the new subscription after receiving the new phone.

Have a great monday! 😊
Thank you very much, Linnea 🙂
I will make sure to follow your guidelines when doing the ordering!

Have a nice day,
Vasilka

Svara

Static Template