Besvarat

Use the same Hallon SIM card in another phone

• 16 januari 2020
  • 2 kommentarer
  • 158 visningar

Hi! Sorry for asking this question in English since I’m not good at Swedish.

I have been using the hallon SIM card since last April but currently got another phone (not new one, just unlocked the SIM lock and now it’s open for any kinds of SIM) . I wanna use the same hallon SIM card which I was using with previous phone in this another phone Xperia z3, but when I inserted the SIM card, I found that I don’t have any internet.

I can see the name hallon on my network server and also can choose it on the setting page, but I don’t have any internet. When I turn on my phone, it says “This network is not available” so I wonder if there’s another process to set up the SIM card when I change phone. Or, do I have to order a new SIM card?

My old phone was Xperia C5 Ultra and now trying to use Xperia z3.  

Hope your help! Tack.

icon

Bästa svar av Axel 17 januari 2020, 15:59

Hi @Yu Zack

Welcome to the community, I’d be glad to help you with this! And you don’t need to worry about the non-swedish post, all of us moderators speak both Swedish and English. :slight_smile:

There shouldn’t be any form of adjustment that needs to be done in the settings when swapping phones for your SIM-card, nor should you have to order a new SIM-card. If your new phone is has dual-SIM then make sure your SIM-card is in the primary SIM-slot since we don’t offer 2G and most of the secondary SIM-slots are 2G exclusive. 

You can also try to activate Airplane mode for about 10-15 seconds, as well as turn off mobile data for the same amount of time.

Should that not have any effect you can also reset the network settings on your phone. Here you can find plenty of phones and different manufacturers and guides on how to do so. The website is in swedish but your web-browser should be able to translate it to english.

Follow the guide to 'nollställ nätverk' or reset network. Don't worry if you can't find your exact phone, most manufacturers have the same settings across their phones and any other one should work. 

Visa original

2 svar

Användarnivå 3
Emblem +2

Hi @Yu Zack

Welcome to the community, I’d be glad to help you with this! And you don’t need to worry about the non-swedish post, all of us moderators speak both Swedish and English. :slight_smile:

There shouldn’t be any form of adjustment that needs to be done in the settings when swapping phones for your SIM-card, nor should you have to order a new SIM-card. If your new phone is has dual-SIM then make sure your SIM-card is in the primary SIM-slot since we don’t offer 2G and most of the secondary SIM-slots are 2G exclusive. 

You can also try to activate Airplane mode for about 10-15 seconds, as well as turn off mobile data for the same amount of time.

Should that not have any effect you can also reset the network settings on your phone. Here you can find plenty of phones and different manufacturers and guides on how to do so. The website is in swedish but your web-browser should be able to translate it to english.

Follow the guide to 'nollställ nätverk' or reset network. Don't worry if you can't find your exact phone, most manufacturers have the same settings across their phones and any other one should work. 

Hi Axel!

Thanks for your welcome words to the community. I tried what you suggested and now got internet! I needed to set up my phone manually. Thank you so much for your help! 

Svara